Monday, May 6, 2013

Loosing it.

So, before we moved to Hawaii, my husband basically left for a year of training. He was home maybe every other weekend (just to mess up my system and make my daughter miss him more). But for a year, I was raising and maintaining my sanity with a 6month old and a 2.5 year old. They grew over the year, obviously, to an 18 month old and a 3.5 year old. Still, I maintained. I had a few issues but I maintained my sanity. I was able to handle bringing the kids to the hospital for an allergic reaction with the baby. Again to the hospital a few months later with a broken collar bone on baby. Fast forward: my girls are now 3&5. Each has their own personality and they know how to push my and each other's buttons. Husband has been gone for 2 weeks (2 more to go), I have showered maybe 5 times in these two weeks. I am running a low grade fever for the third day. I get maybe 5 hours of sleep a night. I can't see straight, and it is taking all my energy to not yell at my beautiful sweet girls for asking me for the 10th time in the last 3 mins "What is for snack?" I never thought that the year of single parenting a baby and a preschooler would be so easy compared to what I am dealing with now. I think the maggots yesterday were the last straw. Obviously, I am not able to maintain a clean house. I try to get the sink cleaned out at least once a day, but it is so difficult to do that when you have kids tearing at each other's throats or screaming "you don't love me anymore!" I have lost my sofa to loads of laundry that I have not had a chance to fold yet. Toys are everywhere as are dirty clothes from the 3 year old that needs to change her wardrobe 3 times daily. Oh, did I mention that the 3yo might be working on an UTI and the 5 year old has some strange rash on her eye? Ok.... I am done complaining for now. I just needed to get this off of my chest. If you have read through this rant.... THANKS.

No comments:

Post a Comment