Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Testing for Master

(just found this in my drafts... originally written in May, 2011)

 I miss it. I really miss training in Tang Soo Do.  Yes, I have a tiny kids class that meets weekly, but, that is not really training.  That is parenting.  Anyway, I just have one more class of those Tiny Terrors --oops, I mean Tiny Tigers.  I need an adult class.  I miss lining up by rank.  I miss being yelled at to lower my stance. I miss having my finger position corrected.  I miss it.  I miss being called "Ma'am" and "Ms Flaum."   I miss the teamwork  working for a common goal with a group.     A few weeks ago, the Masters Clinic was held in Alabama.  I was just looking at the photos of the Master Candidate Class and I realize that I outrank about half of the group.  Kind of pisses me off that those that I instructed will be master rank before me.  Some of my students will probably test before me as well.  I have not trained, honestly, since June 2006.  Now, when I try to train, I pee in my pants (thank you, childbirth).  I also cannot remember my hyung.  I have no idea how the new sword forms go.  I cannot recall all 30 one-steps.  But, I do know the second verse to "make new friends..."

No comments:

Post a Comment