Friday, July 2, 2010

Neh Ohgert!

So, we are here on vacation with family. I have a few moments. Learning to speak Toddler has been quite an adventure. My parents seem to think that my daughter has a speech problem b/c they cannot understand her. Of course, they cannot understand Elmo, so I am not putting too much weight on their incomprehension. But some of the really cute things that I have had to translate on this trip are the following...

Neh Dragons: Daughter One is really into dragons and dinosaurs. My DH has told her that all reptiles are dragons. When the movies (she is addicted) are over, she starts asking for "neh dragons." Neh means More

Ohgert
is Yogurt
Dia is Dora --as in Dora the Explorer DD1 loves the little Dora yogurts that have 1/2 less sugar than the normal kids' yogurts.
Ca Daddy Come here Daddy. Usually, this includes a pulling of a single digit until it is just about to dislocate and you have almost no choice but to follow her and join her in whatever toddler activity she doing.
Neh Circle is Ring Around The Rosie
Trade? When the baby has a toy that DD1 wants, she brings a toy to her and says trade
Share When she has nothing to trade, she says Share and does the ASL sign for share.
No Baby DD1 is very concerned on what goes into the baby's mouth. Whenever baby has something that DD1 has been told not to suck on, she yells NO BABY NO!!!
Boo Boo (fill in blank)
This is a pretty simple one that I am surprised that my folks did not understand... Boo boo head means "I have a headache" Boo boo knee -- I have hurt my knee.
It is often followed with Kiss... So, we are instructed to kiss that boo boo. We have adapted the boo boo to be Boo Boo Lips I started this when she would not give me a kiss b/c she was having a tantrum. When I told her my lips hurt, she stopped and kissed my lips. Now she uses Boo Boo Lips for a kiss often. LOVE IT!


More to follow...

No comments:

Post a Comment